Thursday, April 12, 2012

Emma Watson / The use of degree? and (some)self reflection

Spending some lovely , yes lovely time while at the same time being press by the fact that I am sitting at home and lay waste at the food and greatly contribute to our household bill , lovely way to live isn't ?

Still out of all this I have come on this thought even I have bit of it before I watch the interview of Emma Watson (yeah that harry potter girl that have a lot of money and also doing great inn college in the same time )with David Letterman in the Late Show with David Letterman . Well , I like Harry Potter the book (proud to say that I read all of them ) and their movie (watch in cinema except the first two where the second in my room where I caught in car bang and have the very solid cement on my leg for 5 month)and re-reading all the potter book now to kill time . Well not sure whether I will kill any since I am not work nor schooling you can say I have all the time in the world.

Back to Emma Watson(not the green pharmacy you saw in the mall by the way)and her interview where David Letterman ask her this ,

Below are part of their talk in the show.

David:You are an actress and you are studying history .What mind you do? Teach?

Emma: I don't think I will teach ... I don't think you necessary have to use your degree.

David: Well that true , you don't have too.


I think that from the talk between this two a very important issue occur . WHAT is the use of an degree ? An piece of paper which cost a fortune to get? A three to five year of experience in a local or oversea campus? A trend to follow or just some excuse of whatever reason for yourself?

Well for me , it is a piece of paper that I will be getting either with my future money (yeah some kind of money ritual is going to happen for that paper)or my current money(imagine to work till death and spend the quite night time with the mother nature in its processes form. Ya I am talking about book if you don't know what nonsense I been saying) and I don't even know why I want that paper for anyway , crazy guy I am right?

Well a job that allow free scheduling and a home working position will be most welcome if that paper can provide it but I think all this job talking crap just show my brain is out and my hand is start to type nonsense ready.

As to the use of degree , I quite agree with conversation above that you don't need to use your degree but I hate to say I won't have that chance to study whatever I want as I think here in a Asia perspective a 'useful' degree is better than your own interest. I am not sure whether this is a cultural thing or some old fashion thinking of us but this is some deep thinking involve and I will not dig that deep into my head.

Still ,here I am wasting my precious holiday where I got constant job recruit harass going round me , wasting for that letter or email from any university and also that ....... ya the day that I get that piece of paper that cause me ten thousand dollar to get (another day cross from the hello kitty calender) to came .


and here is the link of Emma Watson on the late show in 2010

http://youtu.be/ZeSdnDdFYtc

Have a good night , morning or afternoon no pro at all as when you read this.

No comments: